Why Weight Training Is Good for Your Health
There are many reasons why weight and body weight training are good for your health and well-being.
Research has shown that weight training can:
- Boost metabolism and fat loss.
- Improve strength, energy levels, and endurance.
- Reduce insulin levels and inflammation.
- Strengthen bones because strong muscles result in stronger and healthier bones.
- Improve balance and reduce the risk of falling.
- Reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
- Enhance mental health and confidence.
I recommend using free weights such as dumbbells or kettlebells and/or your own body weight rather than static weight machines. Weight machines are often problematic long-term because they can create muscle imbalances and don’t properly prepare you for real life functional lifting scenarios.
Everyone can benefit from weight training. However, you should get advice from a qualified health professional to help get you started at the level best suited for your age and health condition. If you have any questions about chiropractic and/or weight training and their benefits to your health, please contact Sauble Beach Chiropractic.
To schedule an initial consultation, regular tune-up, emergency visit, or if you have any questions, text or call 519-422-0443. You can also send an email to email@example.com
Paul Knechtel DC
Sauble Beach Chiropractic
Call 519.422.0443 today to make your appointment.