Why Exercising in or on the Water Is Good For Your Health
There are many reasons why exercising in or on the water is good your health and well-being.
Exercising in or on the water can:
- Strengthen, stretch, and challenge both small and large muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your arms, shoulders, legs, hips, back, and core.
- Reduce the risk of injury when you swim, move or exercise in the water.
- Build muscle, strength and endurance using the water’s built-in resistance.
- Help keep joints limber with minimal stress because water gives you buoyancy.
- Support for the whole body. Being in the water takes pressure off your back.
- Keep you cooler in the hot weather reducing the risk of overheating.
- Clear your mind and connect you to nature.
- Help bring you into the moment to focus on the here and now.
- Decrease anxiety and help with depression and insomnia.
Summer is going by quickly. Take advantage of the warm weather and have some fun in or on the water. Moving in the water, swimming and participating in water sports such as paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking are a great way to spend time outdoors.
If you have any questions about chiropractic and/or exercising in or on the water and the benefits to your health, please contact Sauble Beach Chiropractic. To schedule an initial consultation, regular tune-up, emergency visit, or if you have any questions, text or call
519-422-0443. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Paul Knechtel DC
Sauble Beach Chiropractic
Call 519.422.0443 today to make your appointment.